[image: cover of Nick Dubin’s Asperger Syndrome and Anxiety].
I’ve wanted to buy a book about autism for a while but, just like the internet, the available material is crammed with curebies. I was originally looking at Living Well On the Spectrum, which ponywithafez was talking about. But when I saw a book focusing on anxiety in the related items, I had to investigate further.
A look at the contents page quickly convinced me to get it. Anything with a whole chapter on meltdowns will help me at the moment. It also covers anxiety in employment and relationships, and explores how it relates to shame. I recently came to the conclusion that if I can keep my anxiety down, I can do anything. I’m an interesting and lively person, as long as I’m not frozen in fear or dissociated beyond all reason.
Another author, William Stillman, describes the author as “a brilliant and emerging leader in the autism self-advocacy community.” When I declare an interest in things on Tumblr, I’m always wary that I’ll be told it’s hella problematic. But it seems to be autism positive and written from experience.
The introduction was exciting enough when it described the author’s anxiety and followed it by reminding the reader “it’s not your fault”.
I’ll probably write a review when I’ve read it all.
25 Notes/ Hide
- alittleheadache likes this
- imalooseboltofacompletemachine likes this
- neuroflux likes this
- theabsentuniverse likes this
- nofrigatelikeabook reblogged this from goldenheartedrose
- nofrigatelikeabook likes this
- absoluteblue likes this
- purplewowies likes this
- swearitbyiceandfire likes this
- markleberrysundae likes this
- pansycub likes this
- soundiswhatfoundus likes this
- flapjackstate reblogged this from mommy-cuteella and added:
- exponentiallyspooky likes this
- gointorosedale likes this
- smallishgirleh likes this
- librarianknight likes this
- mommy-cuteella reblogged this from flapjackstate and added:
- goldenheartedrose reblogged this from flapjackstate and added:
- goldenheartedrose likes this
- flapjackstate posted this